From now on, there are no more comments sections below each post. It's a long-term experiment and I want to see how it works out for me. Maybe I'm going to enable it, maybe it'll not happen, we'll all see.
I'm using Disqus for hosting my comments. There are many reasons why I always wanted to ditch comments, some of them are:
- I don't want to manage comments anymore. Sometimes I just don't have the time for that. Disqus does a great job of handling some of these, but still, occasionally I had to go over them.
- I like clean and simple reading experience. Disqus doesn't allow me to change the look of the comment form. It's too cluttered with many things I don't need.
- People started to comment less here on the blog. They rather prefer to comment on Twitter or HN. Having said that, I'm actively participating on Twitter already when I publish a blog post. That's why it's better to channel people from here to Twitter.
- People still can reach me over on Twitter or via Email. My doors are still open to everyone, it is just a different one now.
- Now that the Disqus script is removed, the load speed of each post page will be increased as well.
I've put a link to Twitter to the end of each post (which you can see below). Let's see how this works going forward.